About us

It is the largest supplier of specialist information to the architecture and construction sectors in German-speaking areas. Around 135 employees produce 18 trade journals and numerous special publications at its Gütersloh and Berlin sites and in its Munich and Düsseldorf offices. The publishing house was created on 1 July 2002 through the amalgamation of Bertelsmann Fachzeitschriften GmbH (Gütersloh) and Bauverlag GmbH (Walluf). Both these publishers can look back on a long and successful history. The DBZ Deutsche Bauzeitschrift, founded in 1953, formed the foundation stone of Bertelsmann Fachzeitschriften GmbH. By 2000, the program had grown to include 11 trade journals and numerous special publications through further foundings and acquisitions. Bauverlag, founded in 1929 in Berlin as "Verlag der Bau-Kurier GmbH" finally set up its HQ in Walluf and was with its seven trade journals the leading publisher in the field of construction materials manufacture.
In August 2000, Bauverlag GmbH (Walluf) was bought by BertelsmannSpringer and in 2002 merged with Bertelsmann Fachzeitschriften to form BertelsmannSpringer Bauverlag and has been trading as Bauverlag BV GmbH since 2003.